- Your Post 11 Family Website Support Team: Mary Krutz, John Dyer, Cathy Landry, Ricky Young, Terry Quatsoe, Bill Kaczmarek, Tom Kenevan, Tom Herber, Gil Hucek & Mike Wortman
- Update enrollment/signup page(s) – Post & Auxiliary
- Add “Donate” option to site
- Add “Dues Payment” option to site
- Look into our “Photo” Gallery page(s) to make it easier to add photos (photos must be approved for “appropriateness by a review group – TBD)
- Fix site page “sizing” across ALL “media types” (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- Presence on “Social Media” – (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, and WhatsApp, others)
- Include “Other” Military Links that Members might enjoy (USO, Veterans Advantage, etc.)
- Email & Text Notification(s) (Opt In/Out Options)
- Validate any “links” & Pages on websites are current and needed/desired
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- 2nd - Scouts
- 6th - Hall Rental Lifeline
- 9th - Scouts
- 13th - Post 539 Meeting
- 14th - Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- 14th - Auxiliary meeting 6:30pm
- 14th - SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- 14th - Business meeting 7pm
- 15th - 40et8 Promenade at 730pm
- 18th - Soup/Salad 11am to 130pm
- 28th - Social Meeting /prepare poppy mailing 6pm
- 1st - 9th District Conference in Appleton
- 6th - Scouts
- 8th - Easter Egg Hunt 10am to 1pm
- 10th - Post 539 Meeting 6pm
- 11th - Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- 11th - Auxiliary Meeting 6:30pm
- 11th - SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- 11th - Business Meeting 7pm
- 13th - Scouts
- 19th - 40et8 Promenade at 730pm
- 22nd - Soup/Salad 11am to 130pm
- 24th - Newsletter Articles Due
- 25th - Social Meeting/Honor Guard Training 6pm
- 28th - Prep Newsletter Mailing 9am
- 29th - Post 11 Booyah Sale Time?
- Angelo Cali, Richard Vogel, & Bernard Zilles
- Commander John Akey 920-489-0806
- Adjutant: Tom Herber 920-264-7189 (POST)
- Adjutant: Gil Hucek 920-465-6841 (POST) - Support
- Email: email@example.com
- www.sullivanwallenpost11.org - https://www.facebook.com/AmericanLegionPost0011SullivanWallen
- March 15 at 7:30pm at Post 11 Green Bay
- April 19 at 7:30pm at Post 11 Green Bay
- Honor Guard training will be at the social meeting on April 25
FROM THE COMMANDER …
Our membership is going along well. We are over 74% for the year. We urge anyone who has not paid their dues yet to send them in.
Our big fund raiser is our semi annual booyah sale which is on April 29. This means we will need help with cutting veggies on April 28 at 9 am. We will have our Easter Egg Hunt for the children on April from 10 am to 1 pm
I wish to thank the four members who showed up on April 20 to help clean up the building: Bob Haglund, Bill Kaczmarek, Keith Garland, and Mike Dugan.
We are setting up dates for brat barns. We will need people to step up and help. Dates and times will follow in future newsletters.
Save the Date:
- Tuesday March 28th we will be doing the Poppy Mailing, please come help stuff envelopes.
- Wednesday March 29th is Vietnam War Veterans Day, please fly your flag.
- Saturday April 8th , Easter Egg Hunt, please come join us for food and fun.
- Monday April 10th UPS meeting at City Hall, 7pm.
- Saturday April 29th is American Legion Family Day, come celebrate and have some booyah, too.
Membership: Congratulations to Unit 11 on achieving 100% for our 2023 membership year. Special thanks to Shirley Willis and Diane Schlies for leading this effort. Even though we reach our goal, we still need members. Every one of our members need to be afffiliated with a veteran through blood, marriage, or adoption, so Legionaires we ask that you help us with our membership by encouraging family members to join.
Americanism: We were fortunate to receive generous donations from the Schneider Foundation and the GB Packers for Badger Girls to send one girl from each of the area high schools. Badger Girls State is a 6 day Government Leadership Conference sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary and held in June at UW-Oshkosh in June. If you have a young lady in your family that is a junior in high school and interested please contact Mary Krutz 920-680-7938. We do consider home schooled or private alternative schools as candidates.
Children and Youth: In January, we donated school supplies to Danz Elementary. They were very appreciative and couldn’t thank us enough.
For Veterans: Associated Bank associates and Auxiliary members teamed up to make over 100 Valentine’s Day cards that were distributed to veterans.
Poppy Program: March 28th at 6 pm we will be preparing the donation request mailing to our Post membership. We can always use help stuffing and labeling envelopes. Actual poppy distribution days will be May 12 and 13. We are looking for help from both our Legion and Auxiliary members. Money collected from our Poppy Donations is used to fund our veteran programs.
Fund Raisers: The Auxiliary will again have a bake sale at the Legion Booyah sale. In March and April, we will be participating in the soup and salad luncheons.
Please check out the inserted sheet. This is what we are planning for our 100 year celebration. Should prove to be a good time. We are also looking to have some vehicles available for show. If you can spare some time to volunteer please give the Adjutant a call or leave a message at 920-465-6841. Election of officers is coming up in June so if you would like to run for one of the position please have someone turn your name in. Positions coming up for vote 2nd Vice Commander, Finance Officer, Adjutant, Chaplain, two Sergeants-at-arms. Nominations will be accepted starting the first meeting in May. Elections will take place at the first meeting in June and the officers elected will take office at the second meeting in June. Note: Please check your membership cards we have a number of people that haven’t renewed their 2019 dues. Our Post will turn 100 years old this year and it would be great to be at 100% membership. If you have any concerns about your membership call Gil at 920-465-6841 and I’m sure we can work something out.
Post 11's Auxiliary was chartered in June of 1921.
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
Go to Auxiliary Page for More Information
-Since our charter in 1919, our American Legion Post has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Green Bay community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. (click Sponsor or Booster Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.