- Your Post 11 Family Website Support Team: Mary Krutz, John Dyer, Cathy Landry, Ricky Young, Terry Quatsoe, Bill Kaczmarek, Tom Kenevan, Tom Herber, Gil Hucek & Mike Wortman
- Update enrollment/signup page(s) – Post & Auxiliary
- Add “Donate” option to site
- Add “Dues Payment” option to site
- Look into our “Photo” Gallery page(s) to make it easier to add photos (photos must be approved for “appropriateness by a review group – TBD)
- Fix site page “sizing” across ALL “media types” (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- Presence on “Social Media” – (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, and WhatsApp, others)
- Include “Other” Military Links that Members might enjoy (USO, Veterans Advantage, etc.)
- Email & Text Notification(s) (Opt In/Out Options)
- Validate any “links” & Pages on websites are current and needed/desired
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- 1st – Scouts 6pm
- 2nd – V-J Day (1945)
- 5th – Labor Day
- 7th – Veterans Resource Group 11am – 1pm
- 8th – Scouts 6pm
- 9th – Cut Veggies 9am
- 10th – Booyah – Noon
- 10th – Auxiliary Bake Sale – Noon
- 11th – Patriot Day
- 12th – Post 539
- 13th – Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- 13th – SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- 13th – Auxiliary meeting 6:30pm
- 13th – Business meeting 7pm
- 14th – Red Cross 539
- 16th – POW/MIA Day
- 19th – Post 539
- 19th – County Council
- 21st – 40 et 8 7:30pm
- 27th – Social Mtg 6pm
- 6th – Scouts 6pm
- 10th – Columbus Day
- 10th – Post 539
- 11th – Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- 11th – SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- 11th – Auxiliary meeting 6:30pm
- 11th – Business meeting 7pm
- 13th – Scouts 6pm
- 13th – Red Cross
- 19th – 40 et 8 7:30pm
- 20th – Newsletter Articles Due
- 25th – Social Meeting 6pm
- 27th – Navy Day
- 28th – Prep Newsletter to Mail 9am
- 29th – Post 11 Family Early Bird Spaghetti Lunch 11am. All members welcome.
- Commander John Akey 920-489-0806
- Adjutant: Tom Herber 920-264-7189 (POST)
- Adjutant: Gil Hucek 920-465-6841 (POST) - Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.sullivanwallenpost11.org - https://www.facebook.com/AmericanLegionPost0011SullivanWallen
FROM THE COMMANDER …
Our booyah sales is on Sept 10th from noon till gone. Have your raffle ticket money turned in by noon that Saturday. If everyone was to purchase their sheet of tickets the Post would make a good profit so please purchase your tickets. We will need help cutting veggies on Sept. 9th at 9am. Remember if you pay your dues by Oct. 29th you are able to come to the Early Bird Spaghett Dinner. You can also pay your dues at the door on the 29th of Oct. Non members cost for the meal is $8.00. I wish to thank the members who had me in their prayers with my health problems. I'm getting better each day.
Projects: We voted to support Danz school with Mid-year replenishment of school supplies ($250.00).
Recognition: Shirley Willis and Diane Schlies were given an award certificate for the Chaplin's booklet they submitted to the ALA State Convention. Wonderful job ladies.
Mary Krutz gave a very informative presentation on Children’s and Youth program at the State Convention. Very positive feedback.
Thank you to the Kellner family for the Memorial fund donation.
President Mary Van Egeren - 920-737-5587 - Mary Krutz - 920-680-7938
Reminder, there is only one meeting each month for November and December. (check the calendar for times and dates) First, I would like to thank Gil for his 12 years as adjutant. Gil is in the process of training Tom Herber on the duties of being adjutant. You can expect Tom to be at the next Legion business meeting on Sep 13. Second, it is that time of year to renew your Legion membership. If you have already paid your dues, I thank you. If you haven't paid your dues please pay it soon rather than waiting until the last minute. Any current member having financial difficulty can have his/her dues paid through the Walter Riebe Fund.
Post 11's Auxiliary was chartered in June of 1921.
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
Go to Auxiliary Page for More Information
-Since our charter in 1919, our American Legion Post has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Green Bay community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. (click Sponsor or Booster Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.