- Your Post 11 Website Support Team: Mary Krutz, John Dyer, Cathy Landry, Ricky Young, Terry Quatsoe, Gil Hucek & Mike Wortman
- Update enrollment/signup page(s) – Post & Auxiliary
- Add “Donate” option to site
- Add “Dues Payment” option to site
- Look into our “Photo” Gallery page(s) to make it easier to add photos (photos must be approved for “appropriateness by a review group – TBD)
- Fix site page “sizing” across ALL “media types” (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- Presence on “Social Media” – (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, and WhatsApp, others)
- Include “Other” Military Links that Members might enjoy (USO, Veterans Advantage, etc.)
- Email & Text Notification(s) (Opt In/Out Options)
- Validate any “links” & Pages on websites are current and needed/desired
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- 6th – Brat Barn Festival East (Post Fundraiser)
- 7th – Hall Rental
- 9th – Post 539 meeting 6pm
- 10th – 6pm Exec Board Mtg Legion
- 10th – 6:30pm Auxiliary & SAL meeting
- 10th – 7pm Business Mtg Legion
- 16th – Brown County Council meeting at Post 11 6:30pm
- 18th – 40et8 meeting 7:30pm
- 19th – Babe Ruth Baseball 6:30pm
- 24th – Social Meeting 6pm
- 25th – Putting out Flags at Allouez Cemetery 8am for all our Veterans (PLEASE COME AND HELP 3000 FLAGS)
- 26th – Rain Day for doing flags
- 27th – Red Cross Blood Drive (PLEASE GIVE POST 11)
- 30th – Memorial Day ADM Flatley Park 3:30pm
- 31st – Pick Up Flags Allouez Cemetery 8am (NEED HELP – PLEASE COME OUT)
- 11th – Flag Retirement – Need Help
- 13th – Post 539 meeting 6:30pm
- 14th – 6pm Exec Board Mtg Legion
- 14th – 6:30pm Auxiliary & SAL meeting
- 14th – 7pm Membership Business meeting
- 21st – Birthday Dinner 5pm sign up and bring a friend
- 22nd – Newsletter Articles due
- 28th – Social Meeting 6pm
- 30th – Prepare newsletters for mailing 9am come out and help & enjoy some coffee and donuts and also met some new friends
- Roy Lindemann
- Tim Boettger
- Jeffery LeMieux
- Ricky Young
- Robert Laird
- James Rhea
- John Wenzel
- Commander John Akey 920-489-0806
- Adjutant: Gil Hucek 920-465-6841 (POST) - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.sullivanwallenpost11.org
We have been busy planning this year’s Poppy Fundraiser. Big thanks to all who came to the Post on March 22nd for the Poppy mailing. This is our biggest fundraiser for Veteran projects. We are hoping for good community response. Poppy Distribution Days May 6h and 7th. We are approved for five stores: (Woodman’s, Pick and Save Lonbardi, Festival stores:
East, University Ave and DePere. We encourage SAL, Auxiliary and Legion participation. Sign up poster is up at the Post or contact Mary Krutz at 920-680–7938 to sign up. Thanks in advance for your help.
Projects: A few of the Auxiliary members made “Buddy” check in calls to our membership. The calls were well received.
We approved a donation to St. John Paul School for supplies to get them through remainder of the year.
A Youth Good Deed award was given to 11 year old Emmett Schubring of DePere. He raised over $1000.00 to purchase hand and feet warmers for local Veterans.
Memorial Day Services: Please reference Legion times and dates. We welcome any Auxiliary members participation.
Flag Day June 14th: This is also the date of our June Meeting We have decided to celebrate Flag Day and attend the baseball game at Johnannes Park.
Post 11's Auxiliary was chartered in June of 1921.
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
Go to Auxiliary Page for More Information
-Since our charter in 1919, our American Legion Post has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Green Bay community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. (click Sponsor or Booster Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.