- Your Post 11 Family Website Support Team: Mary Krutz, John Dyer, Cathy Landry, Ricky Young, Terry Quatsoe, Bill Kaczmarek, Tom Kenevan, Tom Herber, Gil Hucek & Mike Wortman
- Update enrollment/signup page(s) – Post & Auxiliary
- Add “Donate” option to site
- Add “Dues Payment” option to site
- Look into our “Photo” Gallery page(s) to make it easier to add photos (photos must be approved for “appropriateness by a review group – TBD)
- Fix site page “sizing” across ALL “media types” (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- Presence on “Social Media” – (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, and WhatsApp, others)
- Include “Other” Military Links that Members might enjoy (USO, Veterans Advantage, etc.)
- Email & Text Notification(s) (Opt In/Out Options)
- Validate any “links” & Pages on websites are current and needed/desired
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- 2nd – Membership Rally 9am
- 3rd – Scouts 6pm
- 5th – Hall Rental
- 5th – GB Yacht Club Vet Day Ceremony 10am
- 6th – Daylight Savings Day (turn back 1 hour)
- 8th – Election Day
- 8th – Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- 8th – Auxiliary meeting 6:30pm
- 8th – SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- 8th – Business meeting 7pm
- 10th – Scouts 6pm
- 10th – US Marine Corps' Birthday (1775)
- 11th – Signing of WWI Armistice (1918)
- 12th – Chili Cookoff 4pm
- 16th – St Norbert College for Allouez Village Band 5:30pm
- 21st – County Council 6:30pm (Post 11 Sponsoring)
- 21st – Granada Campaign Ended (1983)
- 24th – Thanksgiving Day
- DECEMBER 2022
- 1st – Scouts 6pm
- 3rd – Kids Christmas Party 11am
- 5th – Somalia Campaign Began (1992)
- 7th – National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- 8th – Scouts 6pm
- 8th – Hall Rental
- 10th – Hall Rental
- 10th – Past Commander Lunch 11am - at Julie's Cafe on Velp
- 11th – Germany and Italy declare war on US (1941)
- 13th – Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- 13th – Auxiliary meeting 6:30pm
- 13th – SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- 13th – Business meeting 7pm
- 15th – Iraq War Ended (2011)
- 16th – Newsletter Articles Due
- 18th – Hall Rental
- 20th – Birthday Dinner 5pm
- 20th – Panama Campaign Began (1989)
- 20th – US Space Force Established (2019)
- 21st – Prep Newsletter to Mail 9am
- 21st – Winter Begins
- 24th – Christmas Eve
- 25th – Christmas
- 31st – Offical End of WWII (1946)
- 31st – Kosovo Campaign Ended (2013)
- 31st – New Years Eve
- Commander John Akey 920-489-0806
- Adjutant: Tom Herber 920-264-7189 (POST)
- Adjutant: Gil Hucek 920-465-6841 (POST) - Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.sullivanwallenpost11.org - https://www.facebook.com/AmericanLegionPost0011SullivanWallen
- Nov 5th 10am – GB Yacht Club Vet Day Ceremony
- Nov 16th 5:30pm – St Norbert College for Allouez Village Band
FROM THE COMMANDER …
We are coming to the end of another year. With the holiday season on us we need to remember our fellow members and pay our dues. I wish everyone a happy holiday season and good luck to the hunters. We have a chili cookoff on Nov 12th. People are needed to enter their chilis and other people to show up and judge the winner. We also need prizes to raffle off and people to buy tickets. On Nov 10th, I will be having more surgery and will be laid up till the 1st of the year. Keep me in your prayers.
Point of Interest: The PACT ACT has passed and for those who do not receive the CVSO newsletter, IF you have questions, please phone the Brown County Veterans Service Officer: Joe Aulik...#920-448-4450 for important information, thank you.
Save the Date:
- Nov 11th 10am – the Neville Public Museum will have a Veterans Day Ceremony: VVA 224 is hosting the event this year
- Nov 12th 5pm – there is a Chili Cookoff: Post #11 is hosting the event
- Dec 3rd 11am to 1pm – Childrens Christmas Party: Post #11 is hosting the event
Projects: The Auxiliary will be supporting the Post with the December 3rd Christmas Party Activities. More details will be forthcoming.
Recognition: Welcome new member Karin Faucett, wife of Jim Faucett Legion member and Carin Woefel, daughter of Cathy Landry. Thanks to Keith and Lena Goodman for cooking the yummy meal for the Early Bird Membership Spaghetti Luncheon.
Reminder: Renew your membership if you have not done so already. Our goal is to reach 100% again for 2023.
At the September meeting, I was nominated to be adjutant until the elections take place. Everyone should feel free to contact me with questions or concerns and I will try to address it. Membership renewals have slowed down dramatically. The 9th District membership report listed Post 11 at 58.6 %. Post 11 will be reaching out to members that didn't renew with the hope of increasing membership. If a member is having financial difficulty paying their dues, the Walter Riebe Fund is available.
Post 11's Auxiliary was chartered in June of 1921.
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
Go to Auxiliary Page for More Information
-Since our charter in 1919, our American Legion Post has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Green Bay community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. (click Sponsor or Booster Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.