AMERICAN LEGION SULLIVAN-WALLEN FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is sponsored by The American Legion and the American Legion Auxiliary Sullivan Wallen Post/Unit 11 Green Bay, Wisconsin. Two scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each will be awarded. This award will be a gift scholarship and not a loan.
- Candidates for this award shall be the Legionnaire member of Sullivan Wallen Post 11 or a member of the American Legion Auxiliary of Sullivan Wallen Unit 11, or be the spouse, widow or widower, child, grandchild, great-grandchild, step-child, step-grandchild, step-great-grandchild, niece, or nephew of member. The applicant need not be a resident of Wisconsin.
- Applicants must be a senior in high school or a current or retuning under graduate student.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA using a 4.0 base.
- Applicant must plan to enroll, or be currently enrolled, in an accredited college or technical school. The school need not be in Wisconsin.
- Applications must present a completed application to The American Legion Sullivan Wallen Post 11 Commander or Adjutant, or the Sullivan Wallen Unit 11 Auxiliary President, or mail to The American Legion Sullivan Wallen Post 11, PO Box 1262, Green Bay, WI 54305. Applications may be dropped off in person at the American Legion Post 11, 1708 N. Irwin Street, Green Bay, WI 54302. Call to make sure someone is at the Post. Phone: 920-465-6841. We will also take a scholarship packet completely scanned and emailed to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be received at the above address ON OR BEFORE May 1, 2021.
- Judging shall be on the following basis:
- Character/Leadership 25%
- Essay/Application 25%
- Financial Need 25%
- Academic Standing 25%
THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL.
- The award will be paid directly to the school’s financial aid office upon notification from the school that the student has registered. Award must be used for the school year immediately following the scholarship award. Failure to register will result in forfeiture of award.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewable. Only applications received for current scholarship year awards will be considered for current scholarship year. Scholarship winners and applicants may submit a new application for the next scholarship year and be considered for that year’s scholarship awards.
For questions please contact: